Friday, November 14, 2014

So Suave at Frosted Designs!

Hi all! If you are looking for my Frosted Designs Blog Hop post, CLICK HERE!

I'm here today to share two layouts I created with the awesome Suave collection from Authentique which is available in the Frosted Designs store! The holiday season is upon us and for me, the holidays are all about family. So in the spirit of this, I wanted to scrap two of my favorite photos of my little guy from our family photo session back in February. I also really love scrapping these photos using this particular collection because all the masculine-themed images and sentiments are great for scrapping my toddler and I love that the blues and grays in this collection coordinate perfectly with the outfits we are wearing!

My first layout features one of my favorite photos from this shoot! I love all the different patterns in this collection, and wanted to feature several of them on this layout, so I created a grid photo mat using five different papers. I also used a sixth patterned piece of paper for my background, making sure it was an understated pattern and also leaving a bit of a cardstock border around the entire page. I added interest to the background paper by splattering some mist and liquid pearls in two corners of the page. I accented the page with one of the Suave die-cut title sentiments, a Details sticker sentiment and several of the Circles and Scallops die-cuts. Then I added some Studio Calico wood veneers covered in black Stickles. Lastly, I stitched an embroidery floss circle frame around the photo, making sure Liam was in the bullseye of the circle. 

My second layout is of Liam and I goofing around during the shoot. I again kept with a sort of grid pattern here and also matted my photo on cardstock to help it pop off all the patterned paper. I included several die-cuts and stickers from the collection and finished off the page by accenting several of the the blue polka dots on the background with buttons from my stash.

And here are some closeups for you!

I hope these layouts inspire you to document those precious family moments! Hope you have a great weekend and happy scrapping!

Products used from the Frosted Designs store:

No comments: